There are the ones born with the instinct to be a gentleman, and then the others who have to learn it. If you belong to the second group and need some tips or belong to the first group, but just want to check out how others do it, read the following 5 lessons Tom Ford gives about how to be a modern gentleman.
Those of you girls, reading this and having a bf who's not the perfect gentlemen, I can suggest to take pencil and paper, write the following tips and read them to the bf while he's asleep!
1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure they're walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. Don't be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
How can you not adore him, especially after reading Nr.3!